Thursday, February 05, 2009

Artists Review Artists Project @Thinking About Art


as1.jpg





Back in December, I posted the review of my work on Thinking About Art's Artists Review Artists project. Well, the second part of JT Kirkland's project has been posted, where I review another artist's work.

It was interesting to work on. I received one anonymous image; title, size and medium were the only information that I had to go on. What was really interesting about the process was reviewing the work without any context. No information about the artist's body of work, or a context provided by a group show. Anyway, the artist I reviewed is Alexandra Silverthorne. The work above is from a series in progress.

This has been a really great project, not only to participate in but to read. If you haven't checked out the project, haul on over to Thinking About Art and check it out.

No comments: