Friday, February 06, 2009

Speak up

The Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council is interested in finding out what our city's artists need --
The Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council would like you to tell us how to make the Pittsburgh region a better place for the artists who live and work here.

They are sincerely interested in hearing what you have to say. The survey is primarily interested in nuts and bolts issues about the business and physical making of art. It is not a reflective survey, though, so it is difficult to qualify an answer with something like "Yeah, I need a studio, I know there are some available but I can only afford to pay $150/month for rent and from what I've seen for that amount I may as well work in a parking lot." or "I could use health insurance, but my income only covers my living expenses and some professional expenses." Hmmm. Take the survey here.

No comments: