Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Birds Speak Part 2

Things got really quiet. I mean really and I could tell that there were a lot of other birds that were listening now.

Teeny Bird: We didn't get too much to eat. I am hungry.

Greeny Bird : This guy is a nut. I have an MFA fro

Middle Aged Bird: Yeh, We know. Why don't we all admit it. A lot of us have thought about this. A lot of the birds I know moved upstate.

Another Young Bird: Some of the birds from Tyler are staying in Philly. They say it's pretty great and they get to spen..

Greeny Bird: I am from Philly and a lot of it just so dangerous and nasty and

Me: Like Brooklyn was? ( This seems to strike some kind of cord and I can see a lot of birds thinking )

Black Bird: I am from Pittsburgh and I hear that some birds a--

Other Birds: He's a nut.

Greeny Bird: The fact is that we can't leave and that is just a fact that we all have to face. The galleries and clubs and theaters and writers and curators and critics are all here.

Me: Arn't they here because you are here?

Old Bird: ( really loud ) He is just right and you all know it. I remember when it seemed like the scene revolved around us and seemed to be about the work. I remember when I could do work.
Why don't you all just look around. How many of you think you might lose your nests soon.

Pink Bird: Well we are in court and I think I am OK for a few months.

Black Bird: I gotta move out in two weeks.

Other Birds: We can help ( one say's he has some space on the floor of his place since his roomate moved to LA. )

Black Bird: Didn't you move to Pittsburgh?

Me: Yes. I came there because I want to help make scene that revolved around the artists.

To Be Continued

No comments: