Sunday, July 16, 2006

Larryville Gallery Crawl

The art critic for Pittsburgh's Tribune Review did a little gallery crawl through the neighborhood and left some thoughts in print. He missed several places nearby that are so under the radar that they are more rumors than galleries. Pittsburgh is sort of like that, a lot of the coolest stuff is done by dead broke people. It's more like a rumor you heard on some message board or something.

Lawrenceville has a lot of this stuff and I am afraid that I likely don't know about a lot of it. One kind of seriously good alternative space nearby will not put up a website. So one just sort of just has to take my word on the fact that most of it's shows are worth seeing.

I guess, I have to admit that Trib is the evil paper in town. The sad fact is that it's reviewer takes alot more trouble to see what's going on here than I get from the other paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.