Tuesday, June 16, 2009

9th Annual Anniversary Exhibition @Boxheart



Well, timing is everything. I saw the Boxheart exhibit about two weeks ago. I didn't post about it last week because I wanted to talk about Three Rivers Arts Festival and I thought this show would be longer. My bad! In looking at Boxheart's site, I realized that this show is ending on Saturday.

Boxheart's Anniversary show is a great way to get to know the gallery's artists. The range in the exhibit is wide but they have one thing in common; they are excellent. Boxheart doesn't carry something for everyone, even with the range that is exhibited. You won't find Pennsylvania landscapes. Rather, you'll find contemporary, formal works next to expressionistic outsider works. That's a helluva range when viewed together.

There were several really wonderful works that I was drawn to at the exhibit, mostly formal abstracts --

Joshua Hogan


Brenda Stumpf



Keith Garubba


Joren Dykstra


May 26 - June 20, 2009
9th Annual Anniversary Exhibition
Boxheart Gallery
4523 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
P. 412 687 8858
F. 412 687 6338
Gallery Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Sunday: 1 PM - 5 PM

No comments: