Friday, April 16, 2010

Braddock's Mayor, John Fetterman On PBS



One of the longer interviews I've seen of Braddock Mayor, John Fetterman on the PBS show, NOW. Mostly a very good job here, but honestly both the mayor and the journalist involved leave one with some pretty inaccurate impressions.

I want to watch again and come back with more thoughts but as near as I can tell, a viewer would think Braddock's huge ET works had closed. Also, no mention at all of what is likely the biggest single factor affecting the town over the last 20 years, The Mon Fayette Expressway. The threat to tear down pretty much every building along it's main street and divide the town with a wall might have had some effect?

Again, I will watch again. I drink a lot and perhaps missed some things. (OK, I just watched again and will be back with more thoughts.)

If you have thoughts or insight you want to share about art, music, film, urban design, architecture, transit or history in the Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Youngstown, Erie, Morgantown, Akron, Canton region--Cleveburgh, email me diggingpitt@gmail.com

This is not Hyper Local media, but regional media seeking local viewpoints.

No comments: