Friday, October 16, 2009

Holy Crap: Art Prize Draws Thousands To Grand Rapids Part Three

Finally, I'm getting to the real meat of the post-- actual information, video's and images of Grand Rapid's Artprize contest.



I want to apologize somewhat about my previous "hell hole comments". Grand Rapids doesn't looks so bad.Without the art,I would describe it from the images as pretty bland. My point, was that this was not the place one would expect to draw huge crowds from all over to look at art.

The other reason, I tried to give all this backround on Michigan's dire economic situation is that we are all in some way headed that way. Economic development, by way of billion dollar show off projects and trillions in carpet cash bombing is comming to an end, one way or the other.

The new winners will be those who can do more with less and use very limited resources in innovative productive uses.







Whatever you think about any particular work, one has to say the concept was a huge hit. Plans are already in the works for another go at it next year!

Exiting and honestly very moving. Be back with more thoughts.

No comments: