Thursday, October 12, 2006

Get Back in The Kitchen

I have a feeling that putting this thing out there, makes me some kind of politically correct activist. The blunt truth, is that the whole subject makes me ill. The only thing more sickening than endless tirades by woman artist's about thier treatment in the art world is seeing again and again that they are right. It will take a lot of flip flops to explain away this stink bomb. Thankfully some serious storm clouds are brewing out there. Having a small and very marginal gallery has made it murder on me to do any real outreach. I pretty much try to plan around the good artist's that aproach me and I have to admit that my gallery is not even close to being fully representative or diverse. But, these people have got some explaining to do.

No comments: