Sunday, June 25, 2006

What the hell is this?

I just came across this thing online by linking through one of Joerg's great posts. It's called the Artist Pension Trust. Honestly, I am sort of confused and intimidated by it but also very interested. Does anyone have any comments on this and could they put the concept into more understandable terms? I think I sort of get the jist and it makes a bit of sense. Artist's contribute a certain number of works into a "pool" and recieve income over time as the art in the pool is sold. Basically it's all about diversification.

I want to aplogize to my readers in that by now you can see that most of my post's are not so much about art as about money and the practical issues facing artists. It just seems like not many people concern themselves with this stuff.

No comments: