Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Summer is HERE. Time for Farmer's Markets

Summer is here and there are Lots of Farmer's Markets!! Time to experience the pleasure of buying more than you need...then figuring out some absolutely delicious thing to do with all that produce! A selection:
Pittsburgh Citiparks Farmer's Markets. If you live in the city, there is one near you.This was one of my happiest discoveries when I moved to Pittsburgh over 20 years ago. I am happy to report that they are still going strong.For information see here
Garden Dreams is a small urban farm in Wilkinsburg. I have heard great things about it, and plan to go there soon. They have a farm, a nursery, and sell produce on saturday mornings. They have been certfied as organic. For information see here
OK, this is a year round market, but check out the summer wares in the strip at the Pittsburgh Public Market. For information see here
Oh, how I love summer in Pittsburgh.

No comments: