It just seems like film and video, is a great way to bring people together and make connections across the region. I mean, it's not like your transporting a giant painting or sculpture.
With that in mind, I came across this small film shorts festival being held in Ambridge, PA in March 2010.
1. Films must be 30 minutes or less in length.
2. Film must be the original work of the submittter.
3. All entries must be accompanied by the official entry form (see below) and a non-refundable $10 fee. Multiple entries from the same submitter must be submitted individually.
4. Work must be submitted on VHS or DVD. DVD must play in a stand alone DVD player (not just a computer). Do not send film reels.
5. Do not send originals. Films will not be returned.
6. Harmony Ridge is not responsible for shipping damage or films lost by the postal service.
7. Deadline for submissions is January 15, 2010.
8. Title of work and name of submitter must be on the mailing container, tape or DVD container and tape or DVD. No stickers or tape on DVDs please.
9. Submit only complete films. The festival staff cannot fix sound or image quality.
10. Submitter is responsible for all copyrighted material in film. Unlicensed use of music and images may be prosecuted under law.
11. Submissions must have been completed within the last two years and not have been shown to a commercial audience.
12. Addition of a black 5 second head and tail to the film are appreciated.
13. Films will be screened at the festival as time permits. The number of screenings will be determined by the festival committee. Films to be screened at the festival will be listed on this website on or about March 1, 2010.
14. The top three films, as judged by an independent panel, will receive monetary awards. The winners will be notified individually before the festival.
15. The decision of the judges is final.
16. Submission of a film constitutes acceptance of these terms.
As near as I can tell, it's open to filmakers from all over.
Redesigning Main Street to be Safer for Everyone
6 hours ago