Saturday, April 10, 2010

Root Shock Book Review Coming Soon



I finally got around to reading, Mindy Fullilove's amazing book, Root Shock and I promise to get on here with a review.

My reaction to the book, was much like the one I had when I first came across The Death & Life of Great American Cities, in that the author has come across a concept and way of thinking that is both eye opening and so obviously correct.

At the same time, one thirsts for more knowledge and detail. There should be a library on this subject alone. Why hasn't it been studied more?

To paraphrase Robert A. Caro, To really understand power, one must study it's effect on the powerless.

3 comments:

alexandra said...

Thanks for putting this up, the JJ book was my "this is what i want to do with my life" book, so i'm highly interested in this...

John Morris said...

Ooops, don't wait for my review. I can't write well and who knows when I'll get around to it. The book is very worth reading and brings up a subject and viewpoint that should be looked at more.

Also, I highly recomend looking up Root Shock online and listening to several very good interviews with the author, one of which was on NPR.

Term Papers said...

, so i'm highly interested in this...